Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Learning new things

Something I hadn't given any thought about (until working on a cloth that had lettering) is the fact that us lefties are knitting everything backwards.

Well, I guess I'm going to really put the education that I'm getting to good use! I'm in the process of designing a program that will convert a knitting pattern from right-handed to left-handed. There is nothing more frustrating (to me anyway) than to be working on a project only to find out that it's backwards from the picture! It's not so bad if the item is just a picture, because it's still the same as the original, just reversed. Projects with words are culprits! But that's ok, I'm going to fix that!

2 comments:

rita said...

If you get that program finished, please let me know!!! I'm right-handed and my granddaughter is a lefty. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 7, I taught myself to knit a few years ago, and I've really been looking forward to teaching Avery to knit. Unfortunately she has a hard time with it because of the hand thing.

Anonymous said...

LOL I was wondering why all of my cloths were coming out wrong! :)This is a great idea!!!!!!!!